- Calories: 95
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 36mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Irish Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat, trans fat free margarine
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups Irish quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat margarine and sugars until blended. Increase speed to high and beat until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 3. At low speed, add egg whites, egg and vanilla and beat to combine well.
- 4. In a bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and raisins. Gradually add dry mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- 5. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten dough into rounds (dough will be very moist and sticky; for easier shaping, flatten with a spoon sprayed with cooking spray).
- 6. Bake cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool. Cookies will keep about 1 week stored in a tightly covered container.
Nut Allergy: If you have an allergy to nuts or nut products, read the packaging, labels, warnings and directions for all ingredients in this recipe to determine whether the non-nut ingredients in this recipe were manufactured in a plant that processes nut products. We recommend that you do not solely rely on our information. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Copyright 2013 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc.. All rights reserved.
Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Review Date: February 26, 2013
Reviewed By: Christina D. Wright, RD, LDN, Nutrition Editor, Baldwin Publishing, Inc.
Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
This page created February 1, 2010 and last modified September 23, 2010